Core Return Policy
We charge an upfront core deposit on carburetors and we ask that you return your core within 2 weeks of receiving your remanufactured carburetor. NOTE: NO RMA Number is needed to return your carburetor core to get your core deposit refund. Please use the provided shipping label.
If the carburetor/TBI core that you return to Flying Fish Carburetors (FFC) is identical to the carburetor/TBI that you ordered through Flying Fish, then your core deposit will be refunded in full provided the carburetor core being returned is rebuildable. This means it cannot have cracks, be broken, frozen or missing any main parts.
Your core will be inspected by our receiving department, and if the carburetor/TBI core that you return to us is not identical to the carburetor that you ordered through Flying Fish, then your core deposit may be partially refundable or non-refundable, depending on the type.
Carburetors are shipped by UPS, or other courier service and includes a pre-paid return shipping label to send back your old carburetor (core) from anywhere in the continental United States.
Exchanges or Returns of Flying Fish Carburetors Supplied Carburetors or TBI's
We want to make returns and the exchange/warranty return process easy, but we do require the following simple steps to be followed for any returns:
Exchanges and returns are not accepted 15-days or later after the delivery date of the original carburetor from Flying Fish Carburetors (FFC) to Customer. Carburetors that are returned and that have not been installed within the above 15-day defined period and have not been used and/or altered are subject to a 25% restocking fee. Carburetors that have been installed and used within the above 15-day defined period can be returned for only a partial refund equivalent to the return of the core charge amount to the customer, provided the carburetor is returned clean, with no fuel contamination or any other damage. Shipping and any insurance cost for return or exchange is the responsibility of the customer. If exchange or return is requested, Customer must return the original carburetor shipped to Customer by FFC, within 15 days of receipt of original order, insured to the value of original order amount at Customer cost and the carburetor must be received by FFC completely free of any fuel contamination, rust, debris or other damage. Carburetors received back with fuel contamination or any other damage, will incur additional charges which must be paid by Customer prior to Flying Fish Carburetors shipping a replacement unit in exchange.
Steps to exchanges or returns are as follows:
1. Email Flying Fish Carburetors at email@example.com or give us a call 1.800.250.8746 to obtain a return merchandise authorization number (RMA number), ensuring in your email to us that you provide: i) Your name used on your order, ii) Your order # iii) Date of order iv) Reason for warranty claim
2. Email Flying Fish Carburetors at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a return merchandise authorization number (RMA number), ensuring in your email to us that you provide: i) Your name used on your order, ii) Your order # iii) Date of order iv) Reason for warranty claim
3. The RMA number will be provided by return email from us within 24-48 hours (not including weekends). During our busy months, it may take up to 72 hours for us to respond back by email. We thank you for your patience in advance. We will take care of your request as quickly as possible.
4. Do NOT ship your carburetor until you obtain an RMA number from us. If you ship your carburetor to us without an RMA return sheet, your return will not be accepted.
5. Once you obtain the RMA number for your unit,
6. Print the RMA return sheet from our email to you and include it in the box you are shipping the carburetor back to us
7. Follow the packing instructions noted below and the video provided, again, making sure you include a copy of the RMA return sheet we emailed to you. Good and proper packing will help to ensure that protection of your carburetor from potential shipping damage while it’s on its way to us.
Upon receiving your returned carburetor, Flying Fish Carburetors will:
1. Inspect the carburetor or TBI and should defect(s) be found by FFC, FFC will repair or replace the carburetor or TBI at FFC ’s sole discretion.
2. If a repair has been done by FFC, the carburetor will then be flow bench tested, recalibrated for your engine and shipped back to you free of charge if a warranty related defect in materials or workmanship is found.
3. If the carburetor/TBI inspection shows any fuel contamination, then there will be a clean out and handling charge of $89 plus applicable taxes or in extreme cases of fuel contamination, the warranty will be void.
FFC always recommends fuel tank and fuel line cleaning for instances of heavy contamination. FFC also always recommends you change your fuel filter when first installing your new or rebuilt carburetor. The shipping of carburetor back to Customer will be paid by FFC should a warrantied defect(s) be found.
Rebuilt Carburetors (Conditional Limited Warranty), What Your Warranty Covers
Flying Fish Carburetors (FFC) expressly warrants for 1 year from delivery date to Customer for marine applications, that all rebuilt carburetors and throttle body injectors (TBI's) will be free from defects in material and workmanship. FFC ’s responsibility, under this limited warranty, shall extend to the repair or replacement at FFC ’s sole discretion of any part or parts of any unit which has been returned to FFC subject to inspection.
The Customer under this limited warranty may return a remanufactured or new carburetor under the terms and conditions of this warranty for inspection or repair.
What Your Limited Warranty Does Not Cover
This warranty does not cover labor costs for service, removing or re-installation, conditions resulting from consumer mishandling such as improper maintenance or misuse, abuse, accident, or alteration of a rebuilt or new carburetor or insurance and/or shipping costs to FFC.
Limits and Exclusions
There are no expressed or implied warranties except as listed above. Flying Fish Carburetors shall not be held liable for special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including, without limitation, direct or indirect damages for personal injury, loss of goodwill, profits or revenue, loss of use from this product or any associated equipment, cost of substitute equipment, or any other losses, or claims of any party dealing with buyers from such damages, resulting from the use of or inability to use the carburetor or TBI product or arising from breach of warranty or contract, negligence, or any other legal theory. All expressed and implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the applicable warranty period set forth above.
Returning a Carburetor for Warranty Repair
1. Contact Flying Fish Carburetors technical support via email or toll free 800-250-8746
2. After it has been determined that warranty work is required, customer will be issued a return merchandise authorization.
3. Securely package the carburetor and write this return merchandise authorization on the outside of the package.
Inside the box, Enclose your:
A. Contact name, address and phone number
B. description of the problem with your contact information.
C. Year, make, model and engine size of vessel.
4. Address Package to:
Flying Fish Carburetors
7939 Ulmerton Rd.
Largo, FL 33771